- integrate technology with our curriculum to enhance teaching and learning,
- encourage critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills,
- facilitate evaluation and synthesis of information,
- encourage ethical practices and provide education for digital citizenship, internet safety and appropriate on-line behavior including interacting with other individuals on social networking websites and in chat rooms and handling cyberbullying
- provide a variety of technology-based tools and related technology skills.
Our technology team, led by Mr. Dave Rodgers (Director of Technology) and Mrs. Lindsey Sachs (Technology Teacher and Support), provide oversight of technology resources, programs, and staff development. During the summer of 2012, all staff directly involved with teaching was trained on the use of their new MacBook Air 13.3” laptops. Additionally they facilitate the distribution of student used laptops (20 each in 6 laptop carts), 50 iPads 2 and 6 Smartboards (portable). Along with two computer labs available for all, our youngest children in the “Houses” and on the 2nd floor of the Fontbonne buildings, have desktop computer pods for small group work. Recognizing the importance of new technologies, the technology team with the administration and technology team, developed an eReader policy for the 2012-2013 school year. We anticipate the quality use of eReaders in our literature classes.
Our Technology Committee supports NFA’s direction through its research, study, and analysis of current trends in technology materials and policies. With an eye to the spectrum of digital literacy among the staff and school community, the technology committee fosters development of multiple supports to enable staff , students, and parents to become facile members of the digital world.