Director of Communications:
Norwood-Fontbonne Academy is currently seeking a full-time Director of Communications to join our Senior Leadership Team. Norwood-Fontbonne Academy is a pre-k through grade 8, Catholic, Independent, co-ed, elementary school sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Joseph and located in Chestnut Hill, Pennsylvania.
Director of Communications plans and implements numerous approaches to communicate the NFA message, news, and image to multiple constituencies while at the same time furthering the Mission and Vision of Norwood-Fontbonne Academy as a sponsored work of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Philadelphia. The Director of Communications leads all enrollment marketing efforts and creates a comprehensive marketing plan.
The Director of Communications oversees all aspects of communications and public relations for Norwood-Fontbonne Academy. The Director works closely with the President and the entire Senior Leadership Team to develop and implement a comprehensive and strategic communications, marketing, and branding effort to promote and advance Norwood-Fontbonne Academy. The Director’s primary focus are on communications, public/media relations, and strategic marketing. The Director also serves as a member of the Senior Leadership team and works closely with its members, as well as with all School constituencies including faculty, parents, alumni, and advisory board.
Essential Skills, Requirements, Education and Experience:
- Commitment to embracing Catholic education, specifically the mission of Norwood-Fontbonne Academy.
- Bacherlor’s Degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five years in a leadership role in communications and marketing of a school or relevant organization.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal, writing, and editing.
- Demonstrated experience in web content management and design and social media.
- Experience in Google Suit, Photoshop and InDesign desirable
- Exceptional personal integrity and commitment to results.
- A team player and team builder that has a passion for and commitment to achieving excellence in all aspects of the School’s mission.
- Proven success developing and managing and building relationships with colleagues, civic and business leaders, the media, donors, parents, board members, and alumni.
- Proven track record as an independent and goal oriented manager.
- Strong ability to identify and resolve issues. Demonstrated leadership and effectiveness in developing a long-term strategic vision and accomplishing organizational and financial goals.
- Results-oriented, able to see concepts and ideas through to implementation with the assistance of key constituencies and action with a strong ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
Interested candidates should submit letter of introduction, CV, and list of three professional references and if available samples of work to Dr. Ryan Killeen, President c/o email@example.com. No phone inquiries. Start date of July 1, 2019 (or earlier)
Extended After-School Day Assistant
Norwood-Fontbonne Academy is seeking part-time persons for assistants in its after-school extended day program (daily hours: 3:00 to 6 PM). The person should have demonstrated skills in care of children from ages 3 to grade 6. Duties included supervising children during transition from school day to extended day program, providing a safe outdoor/gym time encouraging friendship and fair play, enabling children to engage in creative play, and providing guidance and assistance during homework time.
Norwood-Fontbonne Academy is a pre-k through grade 8, Catholic, Independent, co-ed, elementary school sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph and located in Chestnut Hill, Pennsylvania.
- Active Practicing Catholic
- Demonstrated experience in care of preschool and elementary school children
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
Substitutes: Early Childhood to Grade 8
Norwood-Fontbonne Academy is looking for substitute teachers for Pre-K to Grade 8. Candidates should have experience in creative, interactive teaching/learning environments; training in Montessori education is a plus. Background in Catholic education essential; appropriate credentials expected.
Substitute School Nurse
Norwood-Fontbonne Academy is looking for a part-time Substitute School Nurse with school nurse certification or RN license, criminal and reference checks required including clearances to work in a school environment. Candidates would provide treatments and medications to students throughout the school day.
Please respond electronically. Send resume, letter of interest, and completed NFAemployment application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include references and copy of certification and clearances to email@example.com or fax (215) 247-8405.