Our Norwood-Fontbonne Academy’s Athletic Program offers a meaningful formative experience for our students rooted in the Vision and Mission of Norwood-Fontbonne Academy and motivated by the desire for excellence. Through athletics, our students
- explore their gifts and talents in a spirit of teamwork,
- are encouraged to engage in healthy competition,
- learn inner self-discipline and
- develop athletic and moral values that will direct the student athlete’s attitude toward self and others throughout life.
Our Athletics include competition for Grades 4 – 8 through the Catholic Academy League, co-curricular sport opportunities (insert link here), and NFAPA intramural basketball. Our dedicated coaching staffs and mentors use their abilities and training, their time and talents, to teach and to enrich the athletic education of the student-athlete in competitive and non-competitive situations.
Catholic Academy League
As a member of the Girls’ and Boys’ Catholic Academy League, our academy participates in all league activities at the interscholastic level for both varsity and junior varsity competition. Our students are selected for NFA’s interscholastic team based upon their ability to compete on an equal physical skill, their mastery of basic athletic skills, and knowledge of team-concept, participation, and individual growth.
Goals and Objectives
- To teach the basic skills of each particular sport
- To foster a healthy interaction with teammates
- To engender the essence of fair play
- To encourage the total support of faculty, students, and parents
- To foster an appreciation of the value of winning, losing, and their related consequences
- To recognize and affirm the growth and development of each student-athlete throughout the season
- To provide professional advice to parents concerning the proper placement of a student-athlete in a particular sport
- To develop the concept of “team” as the meshing of the individual talents of its members
Boys Varsity and Junior Varsity Sports
(girls may try out for football)
Girls Varsity and Junior Varsity SportsCo-ed Junior Varsity Soccer – Grades 5 – 6 Co-ed Varsity Soccer – Grades 7 – 8 Junior Varsity Field Hockey – Grades 5 – 6 Varsity Field Hockey – Grades 7 – 8 Junior Varsity Basketball – Grades 5 – 6 Varsity Basketball – Grades 7 – 8 Varsity Softball – Grades 5- 8 Junior Varsity Lacrosse – Grades 5 – 6 Varsity Lacrosse – Grades 7 – 8
Catholic Academy League EventsSwimming Track *Boys and Girls, Grades 4 – 8
(may be available; decision made seasonally)
Downloadable Athletic Forms